This week was a big week for Yahoo as they hired ex-Google VP Marissa Mayer as their next CEO. The online world has been abuzz with details of this big move all week. One our favorite sports magazines, Sports Illustrated, is now using Instagram photos as part of their “Leading Off” section. SocialCam, our social video network platform of choice, sold for $60 Million this week. Some people say it sold for too little. What do you think? Hubspot shared the results of a study that shows that businesses who schedule social media posts generate three times as many leads than if the businesses chose not to schedule posts. Very compelling information in this study.
- The Who,What, When, Where, How of Blogging – July 23 – 8AM – 11AM
- Social Media Class [Beginner Level] – July 26 8 AM – 11AM
- Social Media School [Intermediate] – August TBD
- Evernote – A Zero to Hero in 3 Hours – August TBD
Email Amani@fiftyandfive.com if you are interested in a class. Use the #SocialMediaROI tag for our discount.
Here are five other gems you may have missed from the past week in social media:
- An Introduction to the 7 Most Popular Social Networks for Business
- 6 Ways to Drive More Pinterest Engagement::Ten Ways To Marketing Your Business on Pinterest
- Reputation Management, #1 Reason the C-Suite Needs to Listen to Social Media
- Social by design: the brands that are getting it right
- 26 Tips for Managing a Social Media Community
- BONUS: Twitter Still #1 Social Network for Brands. Youtube is growing fast.
Happy Weekend from the Fifty & Five Team!
photo courtesy of Los Excentricos on Pinterest