The unofficial beginning of the 2012 London Olympics started on Wednesday with Women’s Soccer. Opening ceremonies are occurring tonight amid much fanfare. This week we learned that Social Media is now a $17 billion dollar industry with experts predicting it can add up to $1.3 Trillion to the US economy in the next three to five years. Wow. Searchmetrics recently completed a study that says the #1 most important factor for excellent SEO results is now Social Media. If there was a time to jump in, it seems like now is the time. The Weather Channel has now integrated with Facebook to alert visitors of severe weather where their friends are located. Finally, for our viral video of the week, take a look at how famous British soccer star David Beckham partners with Adidas to surprise a few unsuspecting fans in a photobooth. (#takethestage) Our favorite is the young kid who breaks down in tears.
- Social Media School [Intermediate] – August 7, 2012 8AM-11AM
- Fifty & Five “Hidden Gems” Social Media Webinar (FREE) – August 9, 2012 10:30AM – 11:30 AM
- Social Media School [Beginners] – August 23, 2012 8AM-11AM
Email Amani@fiftyandfive.com if you are interested in a class. Use the #SocialMediaROI tag for our discount.
Here are five other gems you may have missed from the past week in social media:
- 72 Fascinating Social Media Marketing Facts and Statistics for 2012
- 7 Tips for Creating a Social Media Plan for Your Business
- How to use great customer service to trigger social media attention
- 8 Cool Tech Gadgets for Entrepreneurs
- 7 Steps to Building a Business on Linkedin
- BONUS: Foursquare rolls our firsts ads on platform
Happy Weekend from the Fifty & Five Team!