Just a few hours ago, we were lucky enough to witness the Space Shuttle Endeavour (video included) land at LAX. What a cool sight through the skies of Los Angeles. People were lined up at midnight across the world to get their hands on the new iPhone 5. Were you in line at the launch? Did you hear about the $200M that Square just raised in their fourth round of funding? They can give thanks to Citi Ventures and Starbucks for the assistance. In the sports world, there has been plenty of buzz about the replacement referees in the NFL. Check out this referee who made a mistake by posting his team allegiance on Facebook the morning he was set to officiate their game. There was definitely a flag on that play. Have you heard about what ESPN is doing with their launch of a personalized SportsCenter Feed Web App? The four letter network is certainly doing well to keep up with the latest social media technology. For our viral video of the week, check out this flash mob done at Cornell University for the popular hit “Gangnam Style” by Psy. Hilarious!
- Social Media 101/201 - September 27, 2012
- Social Media 101/201 – October 13, 2012 (Saturday class)
- Youtube, Youtube & Youtube – October 25, 2012
Email Amani@fiftyandfive.com if you are interested in a class. Use the #SocialMediaROI tag for our discount.
Here are five other gems you may have missed from the past week in social media:
- 6 Ways to Use Reddit to Grow Your Business
- The Most Creative Job Applications in Social Media and Tech
- Why Ignoring Social Media Complaints is a Huge Mistake
- How Shazam Plans to Make Money on TV’s Second Screen
- 3 Case Studies of Social Media Customer Service Done Right
Happy weekend from the Fifty & Five Team!